MINI MAN
DOWN UNDER
So now settled in Sydney I decided to do a few days hard labour before the “angry man” arrived. I managed to get a weeks labouring job I thought to myself this will be easy ohh how wrong I was. Even though the jobs I was given were not the most mentally taxing in the world it did require a certain amount of stamina which over the course of the last six mo
nths of drinking
and living the good life I had lost what little I had to start with. So after a week of sweeping and lifting compressed fibreglass ( which is a touch heavy ) and also moving a ton and a half of sand with 2 tiny buckets I was a broken man. So after a few days rest I was ready to pour all my talents of winding people up into the arrival of mini man. Then in a moment of panic I thought to myself what if I've forgotten howt to wind people up. A cold sweat covered my body, I started to doubt the one thing that I knew I was good at. To wind up the mini man.
The day arrived; I was nervous. I was hoping, praying that winding mini man up was a lot like riding a bike and it just comes back to you. Mini man arrived at the hostel and unpacked his stuff . I wont tell you what happened over the next few days all I will say is ….. Some things you don’t forget.
Anyway with mini man here we decided to venture out and look around Sydney. So we headed out and did a tour of the Sydney opera house and saw the bridge and even went to a bar made out of ice which was real cool . We also took a boat to a place called Manley which has a real nice beach.
After a few days in Sydney we got on the road and started our trip north. Our first main stop was the Gold Coast here we did all the tourist things like Wet n Wild and Movie World which were both pretty cool . Movie world is the Australian version off Alton towers I guess. There were some real cool rides . We first headed to the newest fastest ride “SUPERMAN RIDE” so after making sure EJ was tall enough to ride this ride, we got in the queue guessing that like most theme parks we were going to be in this queue for at least an hour due that it’s the biggest fastest ride . 15mins later we were strapped in ready to go and let me tell you this. This is one fast ride it pulls 4 positive g force and 1negative g force. I have no idea what that means apart from it’s fast. On leaving the ride we realised that EJ had picked himself up a mini afro on the way round.
After the gold coast we headed to Byron bay. Byron bay is the Mecca for all people in a campervan. This town is purely geared to backpackers, it sports a lot of pubs and internet/travel café. So we had a few beers and headed back to our campsite which was right on the beach which was nice.
Our trip was now picking up speed, we had only 8 days left to show Ej as much as we could . So after pulling in to Brisbane for a quick stop and to tour the XXXX brewery ( that’s the brewery not a real good porno) .
We were also in town for St Patrick day. They seem to take it a lot more seriously then we do in England. In England I guess we get up and go and get as drunk as possible. At least over here they put on a parade first then get as drunk as possible. EJ being half Irish loves this day; this is the day when he became fully Irish I am sure a few times I caught him talking with an Irish accent. Or that could of just been the drink.

DOWN UNDER
So now settled in Sydney I decided to do a few days hard labour before the “angry man” arrived. I managed to get a weeks labouring job I thought to myself this will be easy ohh how wrong I was. Even though the jobs I was given were not the most mentally taxing in the world it did require a certain amount of stamina which over the course of the last six mo
The day arrived; I was nervous. I was hoping, praying that winding mini man up was a lot like riding a bike and it just comes back to you. Mini man arrived at the hostel and unpacked his stuff . I wont tell you what happened over the next few days all I will say is ….. Some things you don’t forget.
Anyway with mini man here we decided to venture out and look around Sydney. So we headed out and did a tour of the Sydney opera house and saw the bridge and even went to a bar made out of ice which was real cool . We also took a boat to a place called Manley which has a real nice beach.

After a few days in Sydney we got on the road and started our trip north. Our first main stop was the Gold Coast here we did all the tourist things like Wet n Wild and Movie World which were both pretty cool . Movie world is the Australian version off Alton towers I guess. There were some real cool rides . We first headed to the newest fastest ride “SUPERMAN RIDE” so after making sure EJ was tall enough to ride this ride, we got in the queue guessing that like most theme parks we were going to be in this queue for at least an hour due that it’s the biggest fastest ride . 15mins later we were strapped in ready to go and let me tell you this. This is one fast ride it pulls 4 positive g force and 1negative g force. I have no idea what that means apart from it’s fast. On leaving the ride we realised that EJ had picked himself up a mini afro on the way round.
After the gold coast we headed to Byron bay. Byron bay is the Mecca for all people in a campervan. This town is purely geared to backpackers, it sports a lot of pubs and internet/travel café. So we had a few beers and headed back to our campsite which was right on the beach which was nice.
Our trip was now picking up speed, we had only 8 days left to show Ej as much as we could . So after pulling in to Brisbane for a quick stop and to tour the XXXX brewery ( that’s the brewery not a real good porno) .
After the drink had worn off we headed north to Hervey Bay where we booked a day trip to Fraser Island.
Fraser Island is the worlds biggest sand pit. It has more sand then the sahara desert and the most crazy part about it is plants, trees and wildlife have all grown on sand. Our tour guild for this trip was a crazy german man w
ho had been out in the sun too long and sounded just like Arnold Schwarzenegger and he would come out with random quotes like " many austrlians die" and then after a few mins he would carry on with " from road accidents " of course this was very well apart from that few mins we were waiting for him to finish his sentance wondering what he meant.
Our next stop was Australia Zoo the home of steve irwin R.I.P. This was a pretty cool zoo even though I think they have cashed in on the fame of the great man a little as most things with his name on cost just that little bit more. but hey he was a legend so i treated myself to a tee- shirt with him on . We also got a picture with me holding a bird of prey ( maybe this is a first step in following the great man in his footste
ps) i thought to myself.
anyway guys sorry its a bit late coming been working fruit packing and this has been my first chance any way see ya

3 Comments:
Hi Big Cheese, good blog. I liked the bit about the insane German tourguide going on about how Australians die. Your friend looks like Matt Lucas in his parka with the eskimo fluff hood. Take care and be nice to Shannon. Fran xxx
9:30 AM
Hey, I'm sure I've read this before?? Good blog. keep up the good work winding mini man up. Hee Hee.
Take care
Faith, Ian & Zachxxx
11:43 AM
Hey Buddy, great blog man, very funny stuff, sounds like your having a great time, Im not jealous honest!! How boring does my life sound while im reading these.
I work as an engineer for Coca Cola now and in my area I look after the P&O boats, I think of you every time I step on them, which has been alot lately (stop breaking them lorry driver people)
Some of the sites you'v been to in the past few months look out of this world, not that many kangaroos back here in Gillingham but I will keep my eye out.
Keep up the fun mate and talk to you soon.
Adrian
2:15 PM
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home